Monday, October 17, 2011

Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies



The perfect fall treat....

Over the weekend, I was trying to figure out the perfect desert to make for my family. I did not want to make anything that required to be placed in the refrigerator overnight and I did not want to make anything that would have to be reheated before eating. Pretty much every recipe I had in mind. I was missing an ingredient for. YIKES! Except for one recipe! I had all of the ingredients for one of my husband’s favorite cookies. This is the perfect cookie for the cold fall/winter nights.

Ingredients: (Adapted from RecipeZaar)
1 cup of butter room temperature (1 cup= two sticks of butter)
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 (heaping) teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
(Cinnamon sugar mixture)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Pre- Heat oven to 350ºF
Combine dry ingredients:  flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar
Mix Wet ingredients (except for the vanilla): Sugar, eggs and butter
(Once the wet ingredients are fully combined add the vanilla extract)

Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
Once all of the ingredients are fully combined, place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Mix 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon and ¼ cup of sugar
Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes, Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

Enjoy!

~Mrs. Delightful

PS: Thanks for stopping by!

Everything Under the Moon HOGPhotobucket

9 comments:

  1. These are may favorite cookies. I need to take one day to just bake but im scared and don't really want to. Do you mind sending me some : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking is "trail and error". You will be a fabulous baker if you just give it a try :).

    ~Mrs. Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everything but the cream of tartar, I need a couple ingredients for a new salad I'm trying so I will pick some up. Thanks for the recipe! I agree with your comment about baking, just give it a go and be patient and it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! I love snickerdoodles! Will definitely have to try these!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer:

    I did not have cream of tartar on my spice rack until I tried this recipe.

    Jessica:

    Yes, these cookies are delicious!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, my mouth is watering...i think this is a recipe i'm going to have to try really soon!!!
    Thanks for following me at sewfantastic.blogspot.com
    I'm now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Rosenau's:

    Thanks for stopping by, these are delicious cookies.

    ~Mrs. Delightful

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, these cookies look amazing! nothing can be bad with cinnamon and sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alana Karl:

    Cinnamon & sugar is the perfect combination!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Mrs. Delightful

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION: Are you a no-reply comment blogger? I only reply via email. If you would like to change this setting. Please go to your profile and check "show my e-mail address". TA-DA!

I would love to read your thoughts... Thanks for sharing Happy comments :).
~Mrs. Delightful