Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fabric, Candles and Food- OH MY!

Sunday my sister and I went shopping at Joann’s, Big Lots and Bj’s (the inner foodie in me) actually exactly in that order. I went to Joann’s for the second time in 72 hours to purchase fabric for a couple of items I have on my project list. My almost two year old nephew (his birthday is in November) had different plans for us.
When I usually go to Joann’s I walk around the store and take my time, I get so much inspiration from just walking around the store. Fast forward: Let’s just say we were at Joann’s for less than 15 minutes. Rewind: Upon entering the shopping center I saw lots of signs stating 20% off at Big Lots. I usually only go to Big Lot’s when they have a sale. When Big Lot’s has a sale, I create a mental list of everything that we need for our home. Well, Sunday I was like a kid in a candy store. I knew I had to be mindful of what I was purchasing. (Hubby is really particular about our home d├ęcor purchases) I did not purchase anything major just a couple of accent pieces and curtain rods. My sister actually purchased a really nice computer desk (she is not a DIYER or else she would have picked out a solid wood desk at one of our local Thrift Stores).

In Big Lot's I came these lovely accent pieces for our living room
(@ $1.60 each)
(We have built in shelves in our living room these accent pieces fit perfectly in there.)

(I purchased this item at Michael's at couple of weeks ago for under $20.00 for our living room.)

Our living room is really coming together. Stay tuned for our a living room reveal!

Have you purchased anything lately for your home?

~Mrs. Delightful

PS: Thanks for stopping by!


  1. Love the pieces! The room is going to be lovely. I have been grabbing items here and there for my formal areas, I'm working hard on the transformation.

  2. Thank you, I’m sure your transformation will come out fabulous.

  3. I go to joanns sometimes twice in one day! I'm not ashamed :)
    Can't wait to see the transformation!

  4. Thank you! I know, I love craft stores!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Mrs. Delightful


ATTENTION: Are you a no-reply comment blogger? I only reply via email. If you would like to change this setting. Please go to your profile and check "show my e-mail address". TA-DA!

I would love to read your thoughts... Thanks for sharing Happy comments :).
~Mrs. Delightful