I was actually reading a blog post yesterday about this topic and I wanted to touch on it a little bit. To me it is only natural to fall in and out of love with your spouse. **Now I mean this in normal circumstances. **
I strongly believe that it is very important to first reflect on yourself to see if you are still doing the same things you did when you first met your spouse, to get your spouse. I know when we have children or even career changes, life just changes. However, it is very important to see what you could be doing to changing the situation.
Once you look in the mirror, now it is time to speak with your spouse. For some of you, this topic maybe "the story of your life", or this maybe the first time you are actually feeling this way about your spouse. Communication is the key, sit down and talk, maybe the both of you could write a list of things that your spouse could do to change, and things that you could change to bring the spark back to the relationship.
It is also very very very important not to compare your relationship to other relationships you see in social media oryour family/friends. It is very easy to see how wonderful someone spouse is, and have that feeling of why my spouse could not be the same way or at least attempt to try and be. (Remember people show you, what they want you to know) Do not get me wrong, some people have wonderful relationship, but you are not that person, and you are not in that relationship.
I’m starting to see this post is getting really long J maybe I will have to do a vlog to follow up on this topic.
I always say, the same things you did to get him/her, is the same things you have to do to keep him or her!
- Always date your spouse (.i.e. have a date night, send love notes, leave chocolates on his/her pillow when weather permits)
- Do not compare your relationship to others
- It is okay to guide the relationship, not control, guide (show your spouse how to be spontaneous or romantic)
- Communication is key (Do not hold it in)
- Love yourself First! (If you do not love you, you cannot be truly in love with someone else)
- Keep other people out of your relationship (trust me, the same people telling you everything that is wrong with your husband, is the same person not in a relationship and/or not happy in their relationship)
- It is okay to change for the better
- Make time!
Any tips? How do you feel about this topic?
PS: My Linky Party is still going on if you would like to stop by J
Thank You For Stopping By!